You did it! You made it through the newborn stage and your baby is now a happy, thriving infant. But just when you think you have this parenting thing down, your baby hits a growth spurt and everything changes suddenly. They’re eating more, sleeping less, and going through diapers at an alarming rate. But don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with this list of must-have products to help get you through your baby’s first growth spurt. In addition, we have got the Mumzworld code for you to help you out in your worries and make your buying cheaper and easier.
Best Product for Your Baby’s First Growth Spurt
Around six to eight weeks old, your baby will have his or her first growth spurt. Therefore, you might find yourself running to the store more often to restock your baby’s wardrobe. From diapers, and pacifiers to bassinet, we have got it all for your lovely baby. Just read through and make a list of your essentials now.
During a growth spurt, your baby will likely drink more milk than usual which means more diaper changes. Stock up on diapers so you don’t have to make a mad dash to the store in the middle of the night.
Along with those extra diaper changes will come the need for extra wipes. Keep a stash in every room of the house, in the car, and in your purse or diaper bag so you’re never caught without them.
3. A Good Nursing Pillow
If you’re breastfeeding, a good nursing pillow is essential during a growth spurt. You’ll be sitting a lot of time nursing so make sure you’re comfortable.
4. A Hungry Baby Formula
If breastfeeding isn’t an option or supplementing is necessary, ensure you have a good quality formula on hand. Growth spurts can be taxing on your body so it’s important to take care of yourself too.
Whether you’re using them for nipple confusion or for something to help soothe your teething baby, having extras around is always a good idea during a growth spurt.
6. Lots of Burp Cloths
All that extra milk can lead to lots of burping (and sometimes spit up). Be prepared by having plenty of burp cloths on hand to catch any unexpected messes.
7. A Soothing Sound Machine
White noise can be helpful in getting a baby (and sometimes mom!) to calm down and relax enough to fall asleep.
8. A Co-sleeper or Bassinet
In case you find yourself waking up multiple times per night to feed your baby, consider investing in a co-sleeper that attaches to your bed or a bassinet that can be brought into your room so you can feed the baby without fully waking yourself up each time.
9. Teething Toys
Along with all that extra eating comes teething which can be painful for both baby and mommy. Be sure to have some teething toys on hand (both soft and frozen ones) to help ease the discomfort.
10. An Extra Set of Hands and Patience & Understanding
Whether it’s enlisting the help of grandparents or hiring a postpartum doula, having an extra set of hands around during a growth spurt is invaluable.
Also, remember to cut yourself some slack during this time.’ It’s tough when the baby is going through a growth spurt but it won’t last forever.’ In the meantime, try to take naps when baby naps and know that this too shall pass.
Also, Check – 5 Ways to Feel Confident as A New Mom
How to Choose the Products for Your Baby’s First Growth Spurt? (Best Tips)
With so many products on the market, it can be hard to know what to buy. Here are some easy ways to assist you choose the right products for your baby’s first growth spurt:
1. Look for quality over quantity. Your baby will outgrow clothes quickly, so it’s important to choose items that will last. Look for items made from quality materials that are machine-washable and durable.
2. Choose neutral colours. During the first few months, your baby will probably spit up on his or her clothes frequently. To avoid constantly doing laundry, stick to neutral colours like white, cream, and grey. This way, stains won’t be as noticeable.
3. Avoid clothing with too many embellishments. Sleeping and eating will probably take up most of your baby’s time in the first few months. So there’s no need to dress him or her in clothes with lots of buttons, snaps, or other embellishments. Stick to simple clothing that is easy to put on and take off.
4. Consider buying in bulk. Since your baby will go through clothes quickly during the first few months, it may be helpful to buy in bulk. This way, you’ll always have a supply of clean clothes on hand and won’t have to run to the store as often.
5. Look for affordable pricing. As quality is important, pricing is too. Look for an affordable range of products with quality and choose wisely. Moreover, use the discount code for Mumzworld and get the best deals online.
6. Don’t forget about essentials. In addition to clothes, you’ll also need some essential items like socks and burp cloths during your baby’s first growth spurt. Be sure to store up on these items so you’re prepared for anything.
A baby’s first growth spurt is tough but with these ten essential products, you’ll be well prepared to handle whatever comes your way. We hope these products will get your busy life sorted out. Moreover, make sure to apply the Mumzworld promo code to get special discounts at checkout.