Fashion Designing is a specialised profession of creating original design, styles & patterns of clothing and accessories like bags, jewellery, shoes etc. that are functional as well as stunning. Fashion Designers are involved in every aspect of the manufacturing process right from conceptual stage to developing prototypes, to identifying the right material, fabric, to its final production, marketing and sales. Fashion Designers employ their creativity, technical skills, understanding of the customers and knowledge of market conditions & trends to create new styles and designs to reflect latest fashion trends as well as meet consumer preferences. Being highly competitive, Fashion Designers requires deftness in use of fabrics, colours, materials, range of techniques etc. They have to collaborate with stakeholders and other professionals like retailers, marketers, and merchandisers etc. to make sure that their designs are marketed effectively in the market.
Benefits of Masters in Fashion Designing:
Masters in Fashion Designing will help in building a successful career in the following manner:
- Develop advanced capabilities: Masters will facilitate in building progressive technical and creative abilities in fashion design including developing artistic concepts, draping, incorporating intricate design & details, pattern making, garment construction, prototyping, pattern cutting and print placement etc. The aspirants will be able to understand their end consumers better, learn traditional as well as contemporary techniques, tools and technologies, use of updated software like CAD, AI, CLO 3D etc., understanding of fashion trends, marketing of the products & managing finances etc. thereby facilitating them in standing apart in the competitive fashion industry.
- Knowledge of fabrics and materials: The aspirants will be mentored in a range of fabrics, different types, properties & materials along with a comprehension of textures, patterns, different kinds of stitches & embroidery etc. This will help aspirants in articulating their concepts in a better manner for they will have an enhanced understanding of construction of fabric.
- Ease of commencing entrepreneurial journey: Masters in Fashion Design will build proficiencies in handling finances, budgets, developing marketing, targeting, product, retail & pricing strategies, implementing sales & merchandising tactics, basically arming aspirants with business knowledge that will allow them to setup business & launch their own brands.
- Networking: During the course, the aspirants gets umpteen prospects to meet and engage with industry professionals like fashion designers, stylists, buyers, merchandisers etc. This interaction will help them while exploring internships, job opportunities & collaborations besides getting a preview of the fashion world.
- Facilitate multi-discipline opportunities: Masters in Fashion Design will equip aspirants with competencies in entire manufacturing process, including conceptualization of innovative concepts at inception to identifying ideal material, production of necessary fabric, pattern, texture, colour dying, prototyping, to choosing the right vendor, buyer, merchandising, marketing, distribution, sales, budgeting & retailing etc. This enables the students with opportunities to accept any related role like Fashion Designing, Merchandising, Buying, Textile Designing, Jewellery Designing, Accessory Designing, Marketing etc. basis their interests. Following are details of certain career options:
- Fashion Designer: He applies his artistic capabilities to come up with unique & innovative design concepts for apparels or accessories.
- Textile Designer: He applies his creative capabilities to develop patterns for printed, woven or knitted fabrics. He can specialize in fabrics that are used in apparels or interiors like upholstery, soft furnishings, carpets etc. or fabrics for special use like automobile industry or bulletproof vests etc.
- Retail Buyer: He is accountable for sourcing of right products at apt time in appropriate prices at right time in accordance with ensuing fashion trends, market dynamics, preferences of end users etc.
Hence register for Master’s in Fashion Design course and tread the path of success
Leave a Reply